Tree Tent Kommee Kurki provides you memories for lifetime!
Experience our Tentsile tree tent lifting your feet off the ground! In Finland, in the Tampere Region, in the small but lively city of Sastamala you can have a unique, ecological experience in nature by sleeping in a Tentsile Stingray tree tent set up in the air between trees. The restful location of our Tree Tent Kommee Kurki is next to a bird lake, on the border of a nature reserve in our privat forest. There are two tree tents only for your entourage of max 6 adults to enjoy, so you can have this wonderful experience in privacy.
This is THE place to totally relax and get in touch with your inner self again
Our Tentsile tree tents are situated close enough to our family house and to the vacation house B&B Kommee Kurki to give you the feel of safety, but to give you your own peace and quiet. You will get unique memories by sleeping in the pure air in the Finnish forest and by having all the nature sounds around you. One of the best pros are the cranes that live just next to you at the bird lake Hanhijärvi. If you are lucky enough, you might even see some other wild forest animals! Don’t worry, there haven’t been any bears or wolves seen in the area but you can spot e.g. a fox, a deer or a badger. There are also some beavers nearby from time to time, so you can go see the trees they try to use for their dams.
But to be honest, the best thing to do here is just to relax, listen to the nature and think of nothing more but when to have the campfire and when to climb inside the tree tent.
Basics of Tree Tent Kommee Kurki
Our tree tents are Tentsile Stingray 3G, which has a capacity of 400 kg per tent. One tree tent accommodates 3 adults / 2 adults + 2 kids / 1 adult + 3 kids. There are air-filled camping mats for three in both tree tents. You will need to take your own sleeping bags with you or you can rent those for 3 persons from us (15 € each). You can rent pillows for a small fee (3 € each). You can pay this as well as other chosen extras with card or cash when you arrive.
- When you book for a big family like 2 adults + 5-6 kids, make the reservatation for 6 people. This means that then you pay for the maximum price 269 €/night
- Note: For safety reasons we recommend that in both tree tents there is one adult with under 15 year old children.
One of the two tents is attached to trees about 1,8 m from the ground and there is a rope ladder for climbing inside. The other tent is attached lower, so you can climb inside through a zipper opening which makes it easy and safe for smaller kids and e.g. people with some aches.
The overlay fabric of the tree tent is transparent and it works like mosquito net. There is also a rain cover which keeps you protected from wind, too. There are a campfire site and an eco toilet with hand washing station next to the tree tents.
Staying in the forest means that there will be more or less mosquitos. However they won’t bug you too much, as you can use the small but efficient Thermacell mosquito repellant appliance.
Tree Tent Kommee Kurki is available from beginning of May until late September.
The basic experience in Tree Tent Kommee Kurki includes:
- Tentsile Stingray -accommodation for max 6 adults or 4 adults + 4 kids or 2 adults + 6 kids (note! sleeping spaces are on the three sides of the trianqular tent)
- Three air-filled camping mats per tree tent
- Mosquito net functioning overlay fabric and a rain cover
- Welcoming toasts with Finnish berry and herbal drink
- 1,5 litres of bottled water for each adult
- A small basket of snacks
- Using the campfire site including the firewood (prohibited to light a fire during forest fire warning)
- Using the eco toilet (includes water and soap for washing, a hand towel and hand sanitizer)
- Portable camping light
- Portable Thermacell mosquito repellant appliance for outdoor usage (not to use inside the tree tent!)
- Showering in our tiny and cute wagon sauna which is along the driveway or somewhere in the yard of B&B Kommee Kurki
What you need to take with you:
- Sleeping bags (or rent here for max 3 persons)
- Campfire snacks or other food which stays fresh without cold storage
- Other belongings
- Warm clothes; remember a warm cap!
- Take an extra layer of warm clothing in addition to what you first thought
Something to drink and eat so you won’t need to carry all the world with you
For drinking you will get bottled water (1,5 litre per adult per night). The price includes welcoming drinks of Finnish berry and herbal drink (alcohol free) and a small but tasty snack basket for the evening.
Breakfast basket for additional fee
You can order a simple breakfast basket before you arrive. The basket will be delivered at the agreed time (from 8.00 am) nearby the tree tent site. This allows you to wake up to the new day without any interruption and to maintain the peace of your own. The breakfast basket costs 9,50 €/person. It is tailored from following foods:
- Coffee/tea in thermos, milk, sugar
- Karelian pasty/plain croissant, ask for vegan and gluten free variants
- Finnish squeaky cheese/organic bananas
- Berry juice and something sweet
Please order your breakfast basket and tell your choices min 1 day prior to your arrival.
We also try to tailor our services to meet your needs, so don’t hesitate to tell your extra wishes!
- Breakfast basket: 9,50 €/person
- You can rent a pillow: 3 €/person
- You can rent a sleeping bag (3 available): 15 €/person
- Have a sauna in the cute and tiny carriage sauna: 30 €/shift
- During forest fire warning you can rent a camping cooking set: 10 €/stay
Anything to ask?: firstname.lastname@example.org or tel. +358 50 378 9208